There is a lot of fun for the whole family at Minerva's. We are nestled away on a quiet residential block, with a restful garden for those off-beach times. Minerva's lobby area, which has a full size frig where you can chill that bottle of wine you're planning to take with you to supper, also has comfy seating , a perennial jigsaw puzzle, an invitation to a chess game, and myriad flyers and announcements of things to do in the area. The second-floor library offers up something to please everyone: games, children's toys, and books, books, books: fiction-and/or-film-lovers, travel-buffs, history-geeks, car-freaks, food-lovers, and art-and-museum followers, lego enthusiasts, fairy-tale followers --and others --will find plenty here to amuse.
Minerva's Bed & Breakfast in Barnegat Light offers:
"a warm and respectful welcome, to everyone, every time"
- ...cozy, comfortable, quiet, family-friendly lodging, each with private bath, cable TV, DVD player, and refrigerator.
- obsessive attention to cleanliness, from kitchen to sitting rooms, beds to door-jams, bathrooms to drawer-handles, keys, and buttons on the remotes!
- ethically-created products, including Lacas coffee (http://www.lacascoffee.com/for-restaurants-and-cafes/faq/) and non-animal-tested, allergy-friendly soap and shampoo (https://patch.com/florida/clearwater/soaps--lotions-from-greenwich-bay-trading-co)
- periodic budget-friendly "theme" weekends for yoga enthusiasts, writers, nature-lovers, food-lovers, or other "special" interests. Small group, gourmet breakfasts/suppers for a relaxing getaway.
- ...a quiet wing, with private kitchen and outside entrance for guests who seek special seclusion.
- ...easy access to one of New Jersey’s nicest beaches, and to terrific fishing from shore, jetty, or charter-fishing boats.
- ...magnificent views of Barnegat Bay, the lighthouse, and the sunsets.
- ...hearty and healthful breakfasts, featuring fresh fruits breads, eggs, yogurt, cheeses, and a hot entree.
- Responsiveness to guests dietary needs.
- ...queen or king beds, cozier than a motel.
- ...free WIFI.
- ...complimentary use of bicycles (bring your own helmets), and beach badges.
- ...a table with an eternal jig-saw puzzle, replaced regularly whenever guests finish it!
Little Minerva, as she is fondly known, granddaughter of Minerva Jones, also enjoys LBI.
Weather permitting, guests breakfast on the deck right outside the kitchen door.
|Clean, unspoiled beaches . . .
Before you book, check us out on Trip Advisor.com
Sometimes guests retire for the night, having given up on the puzzle, only to find that, during the night, a new set of puzzlers--like elves in a fairy tale--has finished the puzzle!