Minerva's Bed and Breakfast is:
- ...welcoming lodging at the northern tip of Long Beach Island, an 18-mile-long barrier island off the coast of New Jersey and part of the Jersey Shore.
- ...a two-block walk from the clean, expansive Barnegat Light beaches and lighthouse.
- ...two minutes from Barnegat Bay, the perfect place to launch your boat or just watch the sunset.
- ...named for a woman who vacationed in Barnegat Light for more than twenty years, and for her great-granddaughter, who is just discovering the island.
- ...owned and operated by retired-college-professor Emma Lapsansky and her family, who have lived in many places around the world, and have had almost fifteen years experience in the B&B business.
- ...a converted office building built in 2003 and magically transformed to a Bed & Breakfast in 2007.
- ...nestled away on a quiet residential block in the tranquil ambiance of the traditional fishing village of Barnegat Light.
- ...wheelchair accessible.
- ...a member of the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce, the Professional Association of Innkeepers International, Preferred Inns of New Jersey, and the LBI Business Alliance,New Jersey Convention and Visitors' Bureau .
- ...a two hour drive from New York City and Philadelphia; forty-five minutes from Atlantic City.
- ...a four-hour drive from Washington, DC, central Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
- ...near to shopping and several excellent restaurants.
- ...the perfect setting for your family reunion, office retreat, or restful vacation.
(All photography provided by Bob Bell, Scott Dacus, Phil Lapsansky, Emma Lapsansky, and John Mutone)
A summer morning brings a hot breakfast on the roof deck, with a crisp view of the Ol' Barney.
Before you book, check us out on Trip Advisor.com
This family was celebrating their first vacation with their new baby.
Armed with a candy thermometer and a healthy arm, this guest enjoys learning to make fudge at Minerva's mid-February Chocolate-Weekend cooking class.