Minerva's Bed and Breakfast is:
- ....owned and operated by retired-college-professor Emma Lapsansky and her family, who have lived in many places around the world, and have fifteen years experience in the B&B business
- ...family-friendly lodging at the northern tip of Long Beach Island, an 18-mile-long barrier island off the coast of New Jersey and part of the Jersey Shore.
- ...a two-block walk from the clean, expansive Barnegat Light beaches and the lighthouse.
- ...two minutes from Barnegat Bay, the perfect place to launch your boat or just watch the sunset.
- ...named for a woman who vacationed in Barnegat Light for more than twenty years, and for her great-granddaughter, who is just discovering the island.
- ...a converted office building built in 2003 and magically transformed to a Bed & Breakfast in 2007.
- ...nestled away on a quiet residential block in the tranquil ambiance of the traditional fishing village of Barnegat Light.
- ...wheelchair accessible.
- ...a member of the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce, the Professional Association of Innkeepers International, Preferred Inns of New Jersey, and the LBI Business Alliance,New Jersey Convention and Visitors' Bureau .
- ...a two hour drive from New York City and Philadelphia; forty-five minutes from Atlantic City.
- ...a four-hour drive from Washington, DC, central Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
- ...near to shopping and several excellent restaurants.
- ...the perfect setting for your family reunion, office retreat, or restful vacation.
(All photography provided by Bob Bell, Scott Dacus, Phil Lapsansky, Emma Lapsansky, and John Mutone)
Proprietor Emma Lapsansky (left) and the Minerva's team frequent professional conferences to stay abreast of latest trends.
Before you book, check us out on Trip Advisor.com
Each year, in May, Minerva's hosts a special Women's Renewal Weekend--manicures, pedicures, yoga, massages, and much more! Look for the February announcement!
Armed with a candy thermometer and a healthy arm, this guest enjoys learning to make fudge at Minerva's mid-February Chocolate-Weekend cooking class.