Minerva's Bed and Breakfast is:
"a warm and respectful welcome, to everyone, every time"
- ....owned and operated by retired-college-professor Emma Lapsansky and her family, who have lived in many places around the world, and have almost 20 years experience in the B&B business
- ...family-friendly lodging at the northern tip of Long Beach Island, an 18-mile-long barrier island, part of the Jersey Shore.
- ...a two-block walk from the clean, expansive Barnegat Light beaches and Ol' Barney, a beloved New Jersey lighthouse
- ...two minutes from Barnegat Bay, the perfect place to launch your boat or just watch the sunset.
- ...named for a woman who vacationed in Barnegat Light for more than twenty years, and for her great-granddaughter, who is now an "intern" in the b and b business.
- ...a converted office building built in 2003 and magically transformed to a Bed & Breakfast in 2008.
- ...nestled away on a quiet residential block in the tranquil ambiance of the traditional fishing village of Barnegat Light.
- ...wheelchair accessible.
- ...a member of the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce, the Professional Association of Innkeepers International, and the Barnegat Light Tourism Alliance.
- ...a two hour drive from New York City and Philadelphia; forty-five minutes from Atlantic City.
- ...a four-hour drive from Washington, DC, central Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
- ...near to shopping and several superb eateries.
- ...the perfect setting for your family reunion, office retreat, stimulating and/or relaxing workshop, and restful vacation.
- ...proud to salute Barnegat Light's award-winning life-guard team
(Photography courtesy of Bob Bell, Phil Lapsansky,Emma Lapsansky and various guests)
Proprietor Emma Lapsansky (left) and the Minerva's team frequent professional conferences to stay abreast of latest trends.
Before you book, check us out on Trip Advisor.com
Each year, in May, Minerva's hosts a special Women's Renewal Weekend--manicures, pedicures, yoga, massages, and much more!
The award-winning Barnegat Light lifeguards do a wonderful job of keeping our beaches safe. Minerva's had them over for breakfast, to celebrate their achievements, and to thank them for their contributions.